"This mind of mine, a wild and rampant elephant,
I'll tether to that sturdy post: reflection on the Teaching.
And I shall narrowly stand guard
That it might never slip its bonds and flee."

--The Way of the Bodhisattva by Shantideva

Email: wildandrampant.elephant [at] gmail.com

The Elephant Twitters
The Wild Elephant...

    follow The Elephant on Twitter

     

    The Herd
    Coming Soon.

    Right now The Elephant is solo

     

    An Elephant Never Forgets

    Archives

    Wild and Rampant Thoughts

    Wednesday, December 17, 2008
      three years later
    I shouldn't have written her after these three years. She tells me she's engaged to someone who likes science fiction and has gotten her into it despite her best efforts to resist. If only I liked science fiction less it might not sting so bad. She knew what she was doing though. She always was cruelly poetic that way, her emails standalone works of art. Like the time she sent me that random picture of her gazing off into the distance just before she knew we weren't going to speak again. I knew that picture was the end. Now I recognize that I'm one of the final five. I wish I could go back to before the music began playing in my head.