"This mind of mine, a wild and rampant elephant,
I'll tether to that sturdy post: reflection on the Teaching.
And I shall narrowly stand guard
That it might never slip its bonds and flee."

--The Way of the Bodhisattva by Shantideva

Email: wildandrampant.elephant [at] gmail.com

The Elephant Twitters
The Wild Elephant...

    follow The Elephant on Twitter

     

    The Herd
    Coming Soon.

    Right now The Elephant is solo

     

    An Elephant Never Forgets

    Archives

    Wild and Rampant Thoughts

    Tuesday, January 13, 2009
      00
    I just received my double zero creds, my license to kill. Each zero represents a heart I took, ones filled with love for me. I will tell you about the second one, the one that solidified my status as a soulless bastard. She was a lovely girl. She wore her heart on her sleeve and spontaneously closed her eyes whenever she smiled and laughed aloud. She did a little dance every time she said her nickname for me and really truly inexplicably believed I was the hottest guy she had ever seen. She was smart too. The kind of smart that doesn't see they are smart...which is the best kind. When she saw the end was upon her she asked "why?" I told her, "because I love you." She replied, "I know...its because I didn't hold up my end of the bargain." I didn't say anything to that. Fate is what it is. You reach for explanations but all you find is a cold glass of whiskey at the tip of your outstretched hand. Her body is still cold. I came straight to confession. May God have mercy upon my soul for now I am lost.